Three-Minute Grounding Practice
The mudra practice will anchor and establish energies of vitality, instinct and presence in the physical body. This mudra practice will also stabilize the emotional and mental bodies.
For the duration of this meditation, use the navel mudra shown in the photo.
· Left hand on top of right hand
· Form a circle with the hands
· Place your hands so that the center of the circle is at the navel*
· *The button of the pillow represents the navel.
- Set a timer for 3:00 minutes
- Sit on a chair with your back straight and feet on the floor.
- (Alternately, stand with your legs bent as if you were riding a horse.)
- Sit with your eyes open and focused on a stationary object. If possible choose and object in nature such as a plant, a tree or a body of water.
- Take a moment and notice the space in front of your face between you and the object.
- Breathe in and out through the nose – noticing the tip of the nose as you inhale and exhale.
- Keep the eyes open for the duration of the meditation.
When the timer sounds, release the mudra and return to your daily activity.